Spring Shopping Tips for Collegiettes on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Being in college can often make it a challenge to stay on top of trends just as much as bills, tuition, fees and rent. Here are five cheap and easy ways to stay on trend while on a budget!

Do It Your Self

Do-it-yourself projects are an easy way to stay up-to-date on trends and create your own individual style. The internet has countless tutorials on how to do DIY projects. Just search on YouTube, or even Google, to tap into the world of D.I.Y…

Hit The Racks

A lot of people don’t know that you can always get a lot of the latest trends for a cheaper price. When the seasons change make sure you hit the racks. Everything is usually 70-80% off. Also, don’t be afraid to hit the outlet malls and department stores such as Burlington, Ross, Marshalls and Dillard’s. 

Shift by Thrift

Thrifting is always an easy way to stay in-style and trendy for a cheap and easy price. Prices often ranging from $1-$20, depending on the thrift store. You can easily take thrift finds and mix and match them with pieces of clothing that you already have.

Never Turn Down a Hand Me Down

As the saying goes, there’s never anything new under the sun. What was in-style a decade ago is in style now. We’ve seen this with many previous trends. So don’t be afraid to shop in grandma’s or mom’s closet to see what you can find to add to your new spring wardrobe. Never be afraid to try new things and be creative.

Look Back for a Come Back

Search through your own closet to see what your can bring back to your wardrobe. This is also helpful to do before you do your spring shopping just to see what you have in your closet. 

Myriah is a senior expected to graduate Dec 2015, majoring in Forenisc Biology and minoring in both Criminal Justice and Buisness. Myriah has a strong passion in fashion and beauty, and purses this that by doing weekly blogging and articles through various social media sites such as Her Campus. She plans to graduate and get a job in the Forensic Science field and continue to persue her passion in the fashion field through continuing to blog. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!