Spring Break Essentials for Every Collegiette

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Spring is in the air and this spring break’s temperatures make it one for the books! Here’s how we’re surviving our spring break…and how you can too!

Stay Energized

Stave off your hunger with a midday snack! Mini Luna Bars are the perfect thing to hold you over until lunch time, and with their tiny size and variety of flavors, you can mix and match to satisfy your taste.

If you’re perusing a fun city, stop off at a Chipotle for a tex-mex creation of your choosing. One of our BOGO cards is the perfect reason to treat your friend to lunch, or go halfsies and save some cash for other spring break shenanigans!

Stay Fresh

No need to go to the salon to get a brow or bikini wax pre-vacay when you can do it yourself at home. Try a Completely Bare Beauty To Go Sample Wax Pack and see for yourself! These are easy to use and super compact — bring extras for your trip and you’ll be smooth sailing.

Long days at the beach can leave your hair feeling dry and gross. These travel-size bottles of Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner are great for saving space in your suitcase and will leave your hair feeling so fresh and clean for a fun night out!

Stay Collegiette

Your drinks will stay cool with this koozie and your eyes will stay shaded with these sunglasses — Her Campus essentials. And don’t forget a pen to write down all your travel memories!

What’s better than relaxing in the sand with a good book? Follow John Lago’s as he goes undercover as an intern to assassinate top businessmen in The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn, or get swept up in the world of rushing a sorority with Simon & Shuster’s Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell.

Stay Safe

It’s a dangerous world, and being in an unfamiliar place can be especially dangerous. When you’re in a new place or visiting a travel destination, it can be easy to get pegged as a tourist which can make you vulnerable, or an easy target. Stay on your guard and be prepared for whatever comes your way with SABRE pepper gel.

Her Campus sent us a bunch of these goodies to help our collegiettes survive spring break, and we want you to try them, too! 

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.