My Thoughts on Kylie Jenner’s Confirmed Pregnancy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

A few months ago, I wrote an entire article called “Why People Should Chill Out About Kylie Jenner’s Possible Pregnancy.” The entire article was basically about how there are so many important things going on in the world, so we shouldn’t be so concerned about Kylie Jenner’s pregnancy. To this day, I completely agree that there are more things to be worried about in this world than Kylie Jenner’s pregnancy. However, I’m going to be a hypocrite for this article and talk about how amazing Kylie Jenner handled this situation.

For months, Kylie Jenner kept the public in the dark for her pregnancy. Many people were on social media making theories on whether or not she was actually pregnant. I have to admit I was getting so frustrated over how she would not reveal whether she was pregnant or not. However, when she finally confirmed the news with a sentimental video, I completely ignored my last article about her and cried throughout the entire video.

I originally thought that if Kylie Jenner was pregnant, she would do some big reveal on a magazine and make millions. Even though she did make a big reveal on Super Bowl Sunday, the way she revealed it was so incredibly intimate. She started off by explaining herself in an Instagram post and posting an 11-minute video taking the viewers through her pregnancy journey – from when she was in her first trimester to our first glimpse at her and Travis Scott’s daughter.

I think that the way the Kylie Jenner handled this entire pregnancy was extremely mature. She explained that she knew she would get scrutinized for getting pregnant at a young age and wanted to focus on the health of her baby throughout this pregnancy. For her becoming a mom at such a young age, I think that she really showed how mature she is by focusing on her child’s well being. When the news originally broke that Kylie was pregnant, I couldn’t even imagine her as a mother because I was so used to seeing her all over Snapchat posting selfies. At the end of the day, she makes enough money to raise that child and she’s probably had a lot of growing up to do throughout her life in the public eye.

All in all, no matter how irrelevant this news truly is, there’s no way that a person didn’t have an opinion it. The fact that over 50 million people watched a Youtube video documenting a girl they don’t know personally’s pregnancy is astounding. Also, Kylie’s photo of her daughter is the most liked photo on Instagram. Iconic. Kylie Jenner is literally famous for being famous, and her pregnancy basically broke the internet more than Super Bowl Sunday did. It’s iconic. Best of wishes to Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott and her daughter Stormi Webster! 

Photo Credits: Cover, 1

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!