Why People Should Chill Out About Kylie Jenner’s Possible Pregnancy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Look, I’m not going to lie, when I first saw the news that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with Travis Scott’s baby, I told everyone I knew. I’m the first one to understand why some people found this huge news. We have all literally watched Kylie Jenner grow up in the spotlight. The Kardashians literally have laid out their entire life to the public for the past 10 years, so there’s no shocker that people would be interested to see Kylie Jenner get pregnant at age 20. Even though it was interesting news (to some) when it came out, this isn’t news that still needs to be discussed.

I’ve seen articles all over social media for the past few days regarding Jenner’s possible pregnancy. “Is Kylie Jenner Kim Kardashian’s Surrogate?” “What Caitlyn Jenner Thinks About Kylie Jenner’s Pregnancy.” I think the worst story that I’ve seen is whether or not Jenner can still get lip injections while pregnant, on the same day of the Las Vegas shootings. Why are people still talking about this? Kylie Jenner is not the first 20-year-old to get pregnant (if she is), and she definitely won’t be the last. This isn’t life changing news that everyone needs to talk about every day for the next nine months. There are so many impactful and awful things going on in our world right now that aren’t as acknowledged as Jenner’s possible pregnancy and that’s so sad. We need to become more aware about what’s actually going on in the world and not about what’s going on in Kylie Jenner’s life.

Also, people care way too much about Jenner’s life as if it impacts them at all. Kylie Jenner is an adult, has more money than all of us combined, and has a family of like 30 people who will support her in any decision she makes. Even if she is a bit younger than a typical mom, it doesn’t affect our life at all. Like I said before, focus on more of the important news that’s going on in our world instead of a rich celebrity possibly being pregnant.

We live in a world where tragedies happen almost every day. It’s an awful thing to say, but it is true. Whenever something tragic happens, people go on social media, post a tweet about the event with a trending hashtag and then go back to talking about irrelevant events going on, like Kylie Jenner’s possible pregnancy. It’s sad, but it’s true. We need to stop caring about the irrelevant things and focus on the things that really matter.

No matter what people think about the possibility of Kylie Jenner being pregnant, it changes nothing with anyone’s everyday life. At the end of the day, Jenner is an adult and has more money than all of us combined. I understand that it’s good pop culture news, but it’s been a week and it is time for people to move on to stuff that really matters. Focus on donating towards Puerto Rico or taking a stand on the Las Vegas shootings

Photo Credits: Cover, 1

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!