HC VCU team photo

Join Her Campus at VCU!

You love reading Her Campus, but do you want to know what goes on behind the scenes? Apply to be in Her Campus at VCU!

Starting in Fall 2020, those who join the team may also be eligible for internship credit through Her Campus Media!

We're looking for dedicated and dependable collegiettes (and collegents!) to become a part of our Editorial, PR and Photography teams this fall semester. Deadlines and attendance are a priority to us as a team. We like to have fun, but hard work comes first! Join the VCU Commons Student Organization of the Year 2020 and be a part of this growing group of ambitious, empowered women!

1. 1. Do You Love to Write

Are you a passionate writer with something to say? Do you wish you had a larger audience rather than shouting into a void? Are you a style or beauty guru who's itching to write about it?

Our Editorial team is passionate, creative and driven. Women from all walks of life are represented in our team and we would love for you to join us. We are a tight-knit group of girls who are dedicated to empowering women across not only the VCU campus but globally. Our Editorial content reaches thousands of people and we want to see your content bloom! You may also be eligible for internship credit through Her Campus Media! Apply now!

Responsibilities include:

Publishing at least 10 pieces of original content per week (as a team)

Meeting weekly deadlines and attending weekly editorial meetings

Sending weekly reports to our Editor in Chief

2. 2. Are You Great At Planning Events?

Are you super organized? Can you make connections with other students, organizations and businesses? Are you a social media maven? 

Our PR team is unlike any other. We are professional, inclusive and a terrific resume builder. With over 30 members, the PR team organizes the events that bring publicity to our Editorial team, including our large Mid-Atlantic Conference which brings people from across the East Coast to VCU to celebrate women! You may also be eligible for internship credit through Her Campus Media! Join our growing team today!

Responsibilities include:

Creating, planning, publicizing and executing campus events and team events

Publicizing Her Campus VCU

Attending weekly team meetings

Sending weekly report to our President

Planning the annual Mid-Atlantic Conference

3. 3. Do You Love Photography and Graphic Design?

Do you wish your photos had a larger audience? Would you like to work in a group setting creating flyers, photoshoots and headshots? Are you passionate about graphic designs and wish you had an outlet to publish your work? Apply for our Photography and Graphic Design team! Responsibilities include:

Uploading five photos to our photo drive per week

Attending weekly team meetings

Sending weekly report to team leader

Creating flyers and expanding our aesthetic 

Things to know:

• Application is due Tuesday, August 25, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m.

• This year, we are conducting interviews following the application process. You will be notified whether or not you have received an interview by August 26

• Interviews will be held from August 26 through September 1

• Writers must bring paper copies of their resume and 2 applicable writing samples to their interview

• Photographers/Graphic Designers must bring their portfolios to their interview

Her Campus offers resume-building experience and is a networking opportunity. Apply to become a part of this growing team today!

Click here to apply: Her Campus at VCU New Member Application

Send any questions and inquiries to [email protected]