Celebrities Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Celebrities Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Emily Veith / Justin Bieber / Hailey Baldwin Bieber / Pink / Lizzo

Influencers to Follow While You’re Quarantined

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

So you’re bored at home, stuck because of a pandemic you did not cause, scrolling through Instagram, and realizing you’ve already hit the bottom of your explore page (yes, there is a bottom). You’re trying to find new pages to follow, but one seems too expensive for your taste, and the other may not be as relatable as you’d like. You could get off your couch and make yourself a meal or do a home workout, but nope, more Instagram it is. If you find yourself in this position in the coming days of this quarantine (I guarantee you will), then check out these influencers down below, and maybe you can be entertained for 15 more minutes. 

@Vivianeaudi

If you’re looking for any creative outfit ideas with pieces you already have in your closet, Viviane Audi is definitely the girl to follow. She puts together creative looks with basics that she always has discount codes for (including companies like Grey Bandit, Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal, etc.) and is the go-to for minimalistic but cute styles. Viviane also has recently launched a podcast and is moving into the wellness space with daily home workouts, healthy recipes, and little mediation habits posted all to her stories.

@Sjamesfit

There are a million fitness influencers out there now, and many post the same gym/home workout videos with the same sponsors and same “what I eat in a day videos,” but Sam James of @Sjamesfit is a little different. As a college student with a love of health and wellness, she posts about everything. I mean literally everything from the workout videos you know and love to rants about her college life and mental health to even outfit posts. Pretty multifaceted for a fitness influencer if you ask me. Sam James is definitely the girl to follow for relatable college content, and when you need some real inspiration to get up and get moving. 

@Chanelcocobrown

If you are looking for those workout videos for when you head to the gym (or do some home workouts in this climate), check out @Chanelcocobrown. Chanel Brown has some of the most honest workout videos. By honest, I mean, she tells you plainly what works and what doesn’t for specific goals such as toning your arms or increasing your endurance. Basically, she doesn’t bullsh*t. Chanel also makes achieving your goals seem attainable and actually doable, which is something many influencers fail to recognize. Oh, if you’re looking for fitness-wear discounts, she’s definitely the account to follow.

@Angelnyan

Do you ever have a tough time planning outfits for occasions or special plans? I, for one, do, especially because I always feel like I have no idea what I could find in my closet. @Angelnyan has all the inspo you could ever need. Even if you’re only in need of more casual looks, she has you covered and all from brands that college girls can actually afford (i.e., OhPolly, Nike, Levis, etc.). Check her out if you’re in need of an outfit for basically any occasion or style. 

Now that I’ve named my top four influencers, hopefully, you’re less bored for maybe an extra 15 minutes while you’re quarantined. Maybe you’ll even get inspired to do some home workouts or clean out your closet, who knows!

Merry is a third-year political science & economics double major at Boston University. She is a former fashion merchandising major and hopes to work in editorial fashion, PR, or social media post-graduation while also focusing on the journalistic aspects of both her majors. She currently contributes to a number of publications while simultaneously working as an editor at Her Campus BU. Merry was also previously the managing editor of Her Campus at VCU and worked as an editorial intern for Her Campus Media. Contact her at mariamgnebiyu@gmail.com & @merry.nebiyu on Instagram.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!