bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

An Edible Guide to Urban Outfitters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The health food craze isn’t for everyone, but most people that spend their money at Urban Outfitters are hipsters anyway. The popular chain store has recently taken on the newest trend in Hipsterdom – the extremely expensive kitchen cabinet. Their “wellness” section contains pricey supplements and even yummy snacks. Everyone wants a nut butter that’s supposed to make you beautiful, right? Here are a handful of products that UO has recently acquired for your boujie pantry.

Moon Juice Brain Food Reishi Supplement Powder

This supplement powder is made using reishi mushrooms, which help to support brain power, focus and a strong immune system. The powder is almost tasteless and can be added to essentially anything, liquids and solids both. 

Kalumi Beauty Food Collagen Protein Bar

Individually packaged for easy on-the-go access, Kalumi’s Beauty Bar is packed with 12 grams of marine collagen and 15 grams of protein to keep you looking and feeling your best. Other ingredients include yacon syrup, cocoa, tapioca, cocoa butter, cacao nibs, sweet potato, sea salt and almond.

Moodbeli Golden Turmeric

With only five pure ingredients (organic turmeric, organic ginger, organic cardamom, organic black pepper and pink salt), this dry mixture makes creating a traditional golden milk latte an enjoyable and easy experience (just add milk of your choice). This concoction also keeps inflammation and indigestion at bay when included in any hot or cold beverage that tickles your fancy.

Moon Juice Activated Hazelnut, Mulberry + Cacao Crunchers

These yummy snacks are made with activated hazelnuts, coconut nectar, cacao nibs, mulberries, alkaline water and pink salt. What are activated hazelnuts, you may ask? Essentially, they are nuts that have been soaked in a salty brine so they taste better. Mulberry and cocoa add the perfect amount of sweetness for this afternoon snack. They could even be used to top cereal, ice cream or a yogurt parfait.

Siren Snacks Protein Snack Bites

These grain free, gluten free, GMO-free, soy free and nut free snacks are almost clear for everyone to munch on. With flavors like brownie, cookie dough and lemon poppyseed, you’ll have trouble setting the bag down too.

LAKA Living Chocolate Pearl Drip Plant Butter

This ooey gooey chocolate nut butter blend isn’t just delicious, it’s infused with pearl powder. Powdered pearl has been known to increase collagen production to make you your most beautiful. The butter also has MSM, a supplement used to improve and maintain joint health. Ingredients for this luscious butter include cashews, coconut, raw cacao, pearl, MSM and Hawaiian sea salt.

It’s easy to eat healthy with such enticing and aesthetically pleasing foods. Add some of them to your basket next time you pick up some clothes from Urban Outfitters.

Madeline Wheeler is a journalist major with a focus in print and online journalism at VCU. In her free time, she enjoys drinking floral teas, going to underground concerts in smoky basements, and hunting for keys to the past in antique stores.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!