ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Easy Ways to Pull Up Your Grades Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Spring semester right before midterms is most college students’ nightmare. Procrastination is high and motivation is low. Spring break is just a tease, so it is just unhelpful in adding any renewed fervor or productivity. And it doesn’t help when the weather starts to get nice and all anyone can think about is the upcoming summer. With dropping motivation comes dropping grades and you start paying for the months you have been slacking off. So these few weeks before finals are crunch time. But don’t worry, there are ways you can still pull up your grades.

1) Extra credit

This should be a no-brainer, but sadly many people do not take the easy opportunities given to them. Even if the extra credit is only one or two points, they add up and every little bit helps. Usually, it just involves an essay or attending an event. It’s worth it!

2) Study groups

Get help from your classmates. Studying with other people fills in the gaps in your notes and knowledge (which you may have because of skipping too many classes… oops). You may even make new friends. Shoot an email to the class; chances are that many others will want to study together as well.

3) Just Ask

As long as it is not the night before the final, many professors will be willing to give you some extra credit or an extension. The worst they can say is no, so may as well try!

4) Keep a schedule

Organize your time for what you need to do. Prioritize what is due first and just work from there. This will help you make deadlines and will utilize your time down to the last minute. Make sure you make time to eat and sleep well because if you aren’t well, your work will reflect that and you won’t be able to keep up with the business of exam season.

5) Accept it

Work hard and really push yourself these next few weeks. But also, don’t stress out too much; it will only make things harder on yourself if you are so stressed you can’t do your work or just break down. Grades are NOT the most important things in the world and you can always learn from your mistakes and do better the next semester.

Work hard, drink coffee and crush finals! You can do it!

All images courtesy of Pexels 

Katie, a Senior at VCU, is majoring in International Studies focused in European studies and is minoring in both Spanish and Writing. She credits all success and sanity to dry shampoo, The Arctic Monkeys, and chocolate. Her favorite things include argumentative essays, pitbull puppies (or really any puppy), and spring. Katie hopes to one day get paid to travel the world and write.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!