kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Easing Into a New Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

A new college semester starting can be a stressful time for students. It can be for a plethora of reasons whether you are new to college, feel unready for the semester to start or are piling on the credits a little too heavy. It’s easy to feel uneasy about all of the unknowns of a new semester. Questions like, “am I gonna like my professors?” and “how are my classes going to be?” are all uncertainties we might have but fear not, there are certainly ways around these new semester jitters. 

Here are some ways you can ease into a new semester without losing your mind. 

1. Get a Crème de la Crème planner

Something easy you can do is buy a planner that you absolutely love. I know when I have a cute planner with thick pages, perfect fonts, and an accessible layout, I will use it more. Go invest in a planner that inspires you to get organized, My favorite planners are from a brand called ban.do. They have little inspiring, self-love quotes, lots of room for notes and my favorite part, stickers!  

These can get a little pricey, and for that reason, if they are out of your budget, I suggest hitting the best TJ Maxx or Marshall’s in your area to compare and contrast all the affordable and adorable planners there.

2. Set up a morning routine

Sometimes the way you start your days is key in how you feel for the rest of the day. Do you have songs that make you want to dance or make you feel more on top of the game? Make them in a playlist and play them in the shower when you get ready in the mornings and make it a ritual. Do the things that make you feel good every morning before your day even starts.

Making a morning routine helps you not skimp out on really necessary parts of the morning like breakfast time or time to chill before starting the day so you don’t feel rushed out the door.

3. Plan out time for yourself 

With the beginning of the semester starting, you may feel like all your time is taken away by work and school. It is important though to not compromise too heavily on what makes you feel recharged. If what you need is a certain amount a time every week to watch YouTube alone in bed or nap, then do it! You can even map it out in your lovely planner I just mentioned. This is a good way to take personal time with yourself seriously and plan it the same way you would complete a homework assignment. This is an act of self-love as it puts your needs on your priorities list. 

Keep in mind that it’s okay to not feel like you have it all together. No one feels that way! Of course, you may feel a little uneasy about the new semester. The best way to get through it is to take care of yourself and putting your own best interests at heart.

Image Credit: 1

Sydney is a senior in VCUarts studying fashion merchandising with a minor in media studies. Her passions include music of all forms, social justice, and doggies! She hopes to one day have a career that combines her love of fashion and helping others.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!