alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things I Want to Change About Myself This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I can’t believe that I just turned 20-years-old. I feel like I’m still a teenager. Personally, nothing really traumatic has happened in my life, and I’ve lived the same lifestyle for my entire life. I’m hoping that within the next year I learn so much more about myself and gain more life experience. I still have so much growing to do as a person, and here eight things I want to change about myself before I turn 21.

1. Open myself up more

My entire life I’ve been very introverted. I’ve had the same friends my entire life, and it takes a lot for me to open up with new people. This year, I’m hoping that I can just get out of my comfort zone and just become a little bit more open and outgoing.

2. Cut out any toxic people in my life

It’s time to get the negative energy out of my life. There are some people in my life who just bring such negativity, and I need to let them go. It’s time to spend more time around people who make me feel good and happy.

3. Eat more healthy

I am the pickiest and unhealthiest eater that I know. I literally eat chicken tenders and fries almost every day. Whenever I eat a salad (aka once every two weeks), I convince myself that I have my life together. It’s time to start eating much healthier for my own health. I’ll just start next week.

4. Work out more

On top of eating healthier, I need to work out more. I am so out of shape. I would love to be one of those people always at the gym and completely in shape. We’ll see how it works out though.

5. Appreciate my family more

My parents have done so much for me. I’ve always appreciated them, but I’ve never expressed how grateful I am for them. I would love to just show them how much I appreciate them from now on.

6. Stop procrastinating so much

I can’t stop procrastinating. I swear every year I get worse and worse with my procrastinating. I’m hoping that this year I can work on stop being so lazy and actually get my life together.

7. Figure out exactly what I want to do with my life

Let me tell you, the sophomore slump is real. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do after college, and it’s driving me insane. I just need to have a day to truly think about all of my options and work hard to obtain my goal.

8. Stop taking things for granted

There are some people who have it way worse than me. I need to take a step back and truly realize how amazing my life is and possibly give back.

I’m hoping that this next year brings a lot of self-growth to my character. I’m no longer in my teens, so it’s time to start acting like a young adult. 

Photo Credits: Cover, 1

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!