This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Every once in a while we all have crave sweets. It’s easy to go straight for ice cream, cookies or candy bars; not only are they delicious, but they are also quick. With finals around the corner, our sweet tooth can awaken and demand they be satisfied. Here are six sweet ideas that will kill your cravings while keeping you healthy. 

1. Frozen Grapes.

This treat is so simple we don’t even think about it. Grapes are delicious frozen or not, but when you’re sweet tooth comes knocking, frozen grapes are a good way to satisfy it. Put grapes in a freezer friendly container so you can have quick access to a yummy treat. 

2. Banana Ice Cream 

Bananas are multi-purpose; you use them in smoothies, breads, parfaits and cereal. Banana ice cream is easy to make and it’ll hit the spot when you’re in the mood for a bowl of ice cream. You can add different flavors including chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

All you have to do is peel 2 to 3 ripe bananas and put them in the freezer overnight. Once frozen, break them in half and put in a blender along with the flavor you want. If you are a chocolate enthusiast, add one tbsp. cocoa powder. For vanilla ice cream, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and some frozen strawberries for strawberry ice cream.

Once blended freeze for at least an hour or enjoy right away. You can enjoy this delicious dessert guilt free.  

3. Parfait. 

Parfaits are not just for breakfast anymore. If you’re looking for something sweet and light, parfaits are the right way to go. This delicious snack is customizable and really easy to make. Take your favorite yogurt – I would recommend a low-fat yogurt – granola, dried or fresh fruit and any other topping you might like. Begin by layering your bowl with some granola, add yogurt then fruit and just repeat. 

4. Smoothies.

You can never go wrong with a good smoothie. Gather your favorite fruit, yogurt and add some milk and you’ll be on your way. If you want your smoothie to be a little sweeter, add some honey.

5. Rice Cake with Honey.

Honey is the best sweetener out there. It’s so simple that you often forget that it’s an option. With this delicious treat, grab some low-sodium rice cakes and drizzle with honey. It’s that simple and it’s unbelievably delicious. 

6. Brownie in a mug, the skinny way. 

Photo courtesy of https://halfsqueezedlemon.wordpress.com/

I found this recipe for brownies in a mug on Pinterest and it led me to homemadetoast.com. This recipe is easy, fast and the best thing to have on a night you’re craving chocolate cake.

Enjoy! 

Jocelin is a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University where she is studying print journalism with a minor in general business. In between classes and work, she enjoys drinking coffee, watching Netflix, and working out. She hopes to one day be the editor-in-chief of a magazine and live in NYC. She is a Pinterest enthusiast and loves DIY projects.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!