10 Signs You’re Approaching the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

1. You’re breaking out

Nothing says good morning like a fresh new pimple! The occasional breakout has turned into a complete, daily invasion of the face. Don’t worry, your face will clear up in about five weeks when this semester comes to a close.

2. Your fingernails are bitten down to the nub

That manicure you got over spring break has turned into a chipped, jagged mess. Every time you look at your fingers typing on the computer you get a little disgusted with yourself but who has time to dwell on that when every class is throwing work at you from every angle?

3. You’ve considered skipping a meal to get work done on many occasions

“I’ll reward myself with food when I finish this paragraph” quickly turns into “I’ll just eat if I have time.” Don’t do this! Make sure you’re eating three meals a day. Your paper will get finished, you will have time to study for that exam, but you won’t be able to do any of that to your full potential on an empty stomach.

4. You’re constantly checking the library’s website to see if any rooms are available to reserve

Reserving a room in the library now feels similar to buying concert tickets online. Everyone is trying to get a room at the same time and making reservations needs to be done at least a day or two in advance.

5. You don’t even think about going out on Thursdays anymore

Yeah, going out sounds fun and FOMO is real but so is the fact that your body is slowly deteriorating from exhaustion and if you’re not doing work on Thursday, you’re going to bed.

6. You’ve had at least one breakdown over the phone with your mom/dad/grandparent/best friend

Nothing feels better than bottling up all of your stress and anxiety and spilling it out over the phone with someone who cares about your general well-being. It doesn’t really solve any of your problems, but you will feel better.

7. You’re becoming numb to the feeling of being tired

Being tired is just your typical state of being at this point. There’s nothing to complain about, there’s no solution, and it’s just the way it is.

8. You’re starting to run out of dining dollars due to all of the venti coffees you’re buying at Starbucks 

If you planned strategically, you saved a big chunk of your dining dollars for all of the coffee you need to keep moving during these final weeks.

9. You’ve had to cut napping out of your life completely

That nap between your 8 a.m. and 11a.m. was nice while it lasted, but now you have no choice but to use that time to complete assignments or study. Just think about all of the naps you can take when finals are over.

10. You choose sleep over Netflix 

You’d love to start a new series to distract you from the trials and tribulations of the end of the semester but not even McDreamy can keep your eyes open anymore.  

Katie is a freshman at VCU studying mass communications with a concentration in journalism. She loves attending concerts, James Franco's instagram selfies, quoting Will Ferrell movies, and her two dogs Laila and Frazier. You can follow her on twitter and instagram @katiebashista. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!