This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

On Thursday, September 8th, Vanderbilt Recovery Support will hold their open house for the start of the school year. It will be held in the new Recovery Lounge in the Center for Wellbeing, right across from Student Health.

Vanderbilt Recovery Support, or VRS, is a collegiate recovery program for students that are actively in recovery from addiction or process disorders (eating disorders, gambling problems, etc.), or in the contemplation stage.

We host weekly meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in addition to offering sober housing and mentoring resources. This year, the Center is even offering the opportunity for students to meet with staff members to discuss their using habits and how to potentially cut back or stop. It’s a service that can be utilized in addition to seeing a therapist at the PCC.

If you’re interested in taking advantage of any of the services that VRS or the new Center is offering, come check out the open house on Thursday from 2:30-3:30PM. We’ll be in the first room on the left, in the sunny and beautiful Recovery Lounge, a new popular study spot for VRS students.

Jules Wilson

Vanderbilt

I'm a girl caught between being a Northerner and a Southerner, but currently residing in Music City. My dorm room is covered in tapestries from Bonnaroo, black and white photos of Paris, a Van Gogh painting-in-a-poster, blue and white christmas lights, and an array of Taylor Swift posters (she is queen). My dream is to write for Marie Claire magazine.