absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dinner for Two? Where to Get the Most Bang for Your Buck This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a great time for couples to show their appreciation and love for one another. It can also be a fabulous opportunity to get to know someone new, and an excuse to ask out a special someone. In honor of the love-filled season, many restaurants are showing their devotion to loyal customers by offering great deals. Taking advantage of these offers is a perfect way to say I love you… just not enough to pay full price.

Auntie Anne’s is not only making heart shaped pretzels, but if you claim the online offer on February 11th, they are buy-one-get-one-free (either in original or cinnamon sugar). Money can’t buy happiness or love, so why not give a special someone a free pretzel. Or if you’re alone this Valentine’s Day, who says you can’t get two for yourself?

Denny’s is giving reward members 20% off their entire check from February 12th to the 18th. If you and your date get the Super Sampler (two buttermilk pancakes, two bacon strips, one thick slice of fabulous French toast, and two sunny side up eggs) for only 5.99, then you may have money to spare on chocolates too… just not room in your stomach.

At participating locations, Qdoba is offering a buy-one-get-one-free special “for kissing your significant other/longtime crush/or the person next to you in line.” I am happy to announce they included a disclaimer, requiring consent for this kiss. However, the jury is still out on whether kisses from pets will count.

CPK is offering an appetizer, two entrees, and a desert  for only $35 from February 13th to the 17th. And for those who want to splurge, you can add two glasses of wine for an additional $12 (but I’d recommend saving the $12 if you’re going for the frugal theme anyway, because you can buy an entire bottle for under $10 dollars).

Chili’s has an unbeatable Valentine’s Day Specials with dine-in or take-out meals for 2 at only $25. Chilis Valentine’s Day promo exclaims, “Valentine’s Day is the sink-or-swim holiday of the year. Bring too little effort, and you’re in the doghouse. Go out for a pricey meal with menu items you can’t pronounce, and you never know what impression you’ll make. At Chili’s, you can split the difference with our Valentine’s Day restaurant specials. A tasty menu with your Tex Mex favorites, ribs, and world-famous margaritas will have sparks flying. Not even Cupid himself could imagine such a hot meal for two lovebirds. We’re not saying Chili’s food is an aphrodisiac, but we aren’t denying it.”

If that lovely offer won’t get you in the door, you must be single.

If you’re looking to go someone a little fancier, Ruth Chris’s Steak House is having a deal on Surf & Turf from February 8th to the 17th. It comes with two buttery lobster tails served with a filet or ribeye steak that is prized at  $49.95 for a 6 oz. filet, $56.95 for a 8 oz. filet, $64.95 for a 11 oz., or a 16 oz. Ribeye for $67.95. While this deal may not leave money for chocolates, Ruth Chris’s is throwing in two free classes of Veuve Clicquot sparkling wine.

Waffle House is now accepting reservations for their Valentine’s Day celebration for the 12th year in a row. You may think of Waffle House as a spot to hit after a night out, but on February 14th certain participating locations will transform its interiors into a romantic ambiance with disposable tablecloths and battery powered candles.

White Castle is having its 28th annual Valentine’s Day celebration at locations across the country. They offer table side service, tablecloths and a vamped up menu, including not only sliders, but also “Shrimp Nibblers, Strawberry and Cream Waffles and other noteworthy menu items”. You need to act fast if you want in on this exclusive deal because spots fill up super quick, and they are expecting 30,000 people to come in on Valentines Day from 3-9 p.m. I mean, when you think romantic dinner, White Castle is obviously the first spot to come to mind…  right?

This one is for anyone out there who is just totally anti-Valentine’s Day. Hooters is offering 10 free wings to customers who are willing to shred a picture of their ex on February 14th. Although, I’m pretty sure people would be willing to do this without the free wings too.

Muna Ikedionwu

Vanderbilt '19

Muna is studying Medical Humanities & The Arts and Corporate Strategy at Vanderbilt University. She loves supporting small businesses, watching indie films on weekends, and can talk for hours about anything from the newest addition to her skincare routine to how the digitization of political news has changed society for the better. Her motto is "Be fearless. Be authentic. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."