All the Essentials for a Beach Trip

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

With Spring Break coming up and Spring Formals soon afterwards, you want to make sure that you’re prepared for beach season. Lucky for us, The Orchid Boutique, a designer swimwear boutique located in Miami FL, has everything you need, from hundreds of different swimsuits to all the accessories and shoes necessary for your perfect beach vacation. Here’s a list of everything you need to have an amazing trip – while looking amazing.

The Perfect Swimsuit

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory – if you’re going to be at the beach or the pool, you need to have a variety of cute swimsuits for the trip! Bright colors, beautiful patterns and unique styles are always a good choice!

Horizon White Cami Bikini

True Blue Rubik

Magnifique Triangle Bikini

While many people shy away from one-pieces on the beach (awkward tan lines? No thanks), sometimes they look so good you can’t resist! This one-piece has such a cute pattern and perfect shape – its fashion in a swimsuit! Hint: you can alternate during the day to avoid tan lines – wear this during the activities and fun stuff, and put on a bandeau when you’re going to be laying in direct sunlight!

Nina Poppy Monokini

A Cute Cover Up

You know you want to show off that bikini bod (and the bikini of course!) but a cover up is a good idea in case you go to a restaurant or store where you don’t want to show as much skin. My personal picks are the Flynn Cover Up and the gorgeous Fuchsia Pareo

Flash tattoos

This trend has been growing fast – and for a reason! No one likes to wear jewelry on the beach, so accessorize with some gold and silver flash tattoos. There are so many designs and patterns to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find one to go perfectly with your swimsuit.

Love Story

A Beach Hat

We all want a great tan, but you don’t want to risk getting sunburn on your face (or sun-freckles if that’s what happens to you). The hat will keep both of these at bay, and provide some relief from the sun when it gets too hot! Check out this Lily Braided Hat!

Comfortable shoes

Chances are you’re going to be doing a lot of walking in some form or another on your trip, so investing in cute and comfortable shoes is definitely a must! These adorable espadrilles would complete your “walk to the beach” outfit for sure.

Horizon White Espadrilles

A Beach Bag

You’re also going to need a bag as cute as all of the stuff that goes in it (obviously)! Check out this Santorini Seagrass Tote by Mar Y Sol – it goes with everything! As a bonus, it stands upright so you don’t have to worry about any sand ever getting in!

The Orchid Boutique wants to make sure you get everything you want for your upcoming beach trips, and has teamed up with our Her Campus group to give you all a special offer! Use the code VanderbiltBreak to receive a 15% discount on all purchases for the next two weeks (until 3/13). What a perfect excuse to start shopping for summer early this year!

Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt