stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Truth About No Shave November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s finally November! We are all looking forward to the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with the gathering of family, sharing of home made dishes and reminiscing on holidays passed. The weather becomes more brisk and our tummies are soon to be stuffed with the spoils of Thanksgiving.  But we can also look forward to a month of our men looking grizzly and growing out their facial hair in a show of ultra manliness or perhaps ultra laziness. But what you might not know is what No Shave November is really about.

No Shave November also known as Movember (a combination of mustache and November) is a month long journey in which participants forgo shaving and grooming in order to evoke conversation and raise cancer awareness.

So many cancer patients lose their hair due to treatment and the goal of No Shave November is for men to embrace their hair by letting it grow wild and free. Instead of spending money on a haircut or a trim No Shave November founders urge people to instead donate money typically spent on shaving and grooming to aid in the battle against cancer.

It’s simple to participate, put down your razor for 30 days and donate those monthly grooming expenses to the cause! Anyone can get involved, it is male friendly but women can participate too! Let those legs go natural and skip that waxing appointment. If you’re not ready to get hairy, sit back and support someone who is or add in to the donation pool!

Tayla Means is a PR Girl working to get her Bachelors in communication at Valdosta State University. When she's not overwhelmed with the duties of senior year, she likes to take time out to enjoy the company of good friends in the great outdoors. This Ohio native, aspires to work in Brand Management and Hospitatlity from a location that feeds into her passion for travel and adventure. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.