This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It feel as if you are constantly being put under a microscope where your every move is both questioned and criticized. People seem to always have an opinion over your decisions whether you’ve made a good decision or a bad one. Here’s the thing, you are a young adult constantly experimenting and learning. You are not always going to have it all together and that’s perfectly okay. Here are some things that you must do in order to continue your path of adulthood.  

Apologizing for everything  

You are constantly saying “I’m sorry” for everything, this has to stop. There is nothing to be sorry for unless it’s a major intentional mistake. Other than that, relax and let it go. Do not apologize for your actions, do not apologize for focusing on yourself and most certainly do not apologize for living your life the way that brings your happiness.  

Giving Explanations  

Giving people who feel entitled to an explanation for why you do or have done certain things is also something that you should holdback from doing. Most of the time, You have no idea what is about to happen or why an event happened the way it did. Whether you decided to give your ex-boyfriend another chance or you decided to change your major, these are things that may have yourself even confused, so giving others an explanation is an unnecessary stress.  

Caring about others opinions  

It does not matter who you are, what you do for a living, where you come from or whether your attractive or not people are going to think what they want to think. Needless to say, this should never prevent your from sleeping peacefully at night. Remember, other people’s opinions do not pay your bills so they  shouldn’t be a stress either.  

Overthinking  

This is probably the lead cause of stress for all young adults, overthinking. Your negative thoughts or assumptions can turn a good day into a bad one. The best way to avoid overthinking is to realize that not everything is controllable and accept some situations for what they are. If things are good, enjoy them and if they’re not either do something about it or allow yourself to let them go.  

Not loving yourself 

Remember that with all your mistakes you’re still on a great path. You are trying and many times exceeding for someone who has a lot going on. Even if times get rough, you have managed to stay positive and motivated to keep on going, so for this commend yourself because you’re tough and truly amazing.  

Let go of any negativity in your life to have room for the positive things that life has to offer you.

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.