burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Staying Cute While Pregnant: The Collegiate Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

So you’re pregnant and still want to be as fashionable as you were before you started carrying your own little human. If you’re anything like me, you would have a very hard time completely letting yourself go. Instead of covering your baby bump you want to show it off! Well, if you’re interested in how to stay comfy and cute while expecting on a college campus, here’s how:

1. Comfy Shoes

As a pregnant woman, this could very well be one of our biggest fears is getting to campus and realizing those boots you thought were adorable a few months ago are now an absolute pain in the… foot. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR SHOES COMFY. If there is going to be any part of your body that you’re okay with looking plain and nothing special, it is your feet! As long as those feet are comfortable and ready to walk from class to class, you are a-okay! Plus, simple flats can go with more than one outfit and look super stylish.

2. Flowy In the Hot Months 

Whether you’re the type to want a dress that hugs your every curve or someone that likes wiggle room, flowy things are best while pregnant. During those painfully hot summer months, the last thing you want is to be is too hot to function and have all of your clothes and dresses stick uncomfortably to your skin. A great pick for an easy simple wear is a loose fitting t-shirt dress. Not only are they adorable but they tend to hug you in just the right spot, your belly!

3. Layering During Chilly Months!

During those cold months of fall and winter, layering will always be a go-to style. From chunky cardigans to hooded parkas, there are plenty of clothing items that are still cute and wearable with your growing tummy.

HCXO!

Journalist, Writer, Mother and Wife. Passionate about travel and alternative/indie music. English and Journalism graduate at Valdosta State University as of May 2017. Follow me on twitter: GenevaCrooks_ Add me on Facebook: Geneva Rena'
Her Campus at Valdosta State.