This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Here in Valdosta we never truly get a “winter”. We get more of a hot for a couple days, cold for a couple days, some rain here and there, and then it just repeats itself. For the most part winter has technically began. Although this crazy weather is fluctuating like it does we still need to make sure we are taking care of our skin. Here are a couple tips for you to make sure your skin is up to par.

Face Scrub

Let’s be honest! No one likes dry, hard skin, so keeping that dead, dry skin away is the key to success. Personally, I like to start my skin care regimen off with a scrub. This way I can get rid of the dead skin before I wash and moisturize. A great facial scrub that I absolutely swear by is the Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask. Yes it does say mask, and that is because it can used as a mask or a scrub. Preferably it works a lot better as a scrub.

Face Wash

After you have scrubbed those insignificant dead skin cells away it is time to wash your face. Since it is winter time you do not want to use a drying face wash because we lose a lot of our face’s moisture already. Try to find a mild face wash to cleanse your skin with. This way you are not stripping your skin of its oils. Neutrogena has tons of mild face washes for you to choose from. Oh! And for those budget friendly buyers you can usually find the Neutrogena washes in your generic store brand, that way you can save a penny as well.

Toner

Now toners can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your skin. The purpose of a toner is to restore your skin’s pH balance, but during the winter it can sometimes end up drying your skin out more. So using a toner is more to your discretion. A pretty good light toner or astringent is the Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Astringent and that also comes in your store’s generic brand.

Moisturizer

Moisturizing is my favorite part! This is because you are now finally putting the icing on the cake per say. During the winter a good THICK moisturizer will be your best friend. I have tried tons of moisturizers during the winter and my face would just never stay soft. It would be dry and thirsty by mid-day, but that was until I got my hands on the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Cetaphil brand is definitely an oldie but goodie.

Face Mask

Okay, so when I am feeling fancy (which is usually everyday) I like to pamper myself with a nice face mask. The best ones to me are the ones that harden and tighten your face. This is a great pick me up during the middle of the week to just give your skin a little more attention. Two mask that I find myself reaching for are the Freeman Mint and Lemon Clay Mask and the Queen Helene Mint Clay Mask.

Regardless of what products you may use the key to face success is to just give your skin the proper attention. Give your skin what it needs and it will show you what you want to see.

Happy Cleansing

HCXO

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.