Say NO MORE to Domestic Violence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

NO MORE is a national campaign that provides a unifying symbol to raise awareness and provide action to end domestic violence and sexual assault.

Every 9 seconds, a woman in the United States is beaten by an intimate or former partner.

One in four women report experiencing domestic violence in their life.

40% of severe, physical victims are men.

For the month of October, which is Domestic Violence Awareness month, Valdosta State University senior Quineshia Claiborne brought the NO MORE campaign to our campus. Throughout this month, Claiborne and the NO MORE VSU team will be offering awareness and action initiatives for VSU students to get involved with.

One event that was presented was the #NOMORE photoshoot. VSU students, staff, and student groups were encouraged to come and take a photo, to take a stand against domestic violence and sexual assault. Her Campus Valdosta State chose, as an organization of empowered women, to take a stand and take a photo to say #NOMORE. 

Her Campus Valdosta State wants to tell you that you matter. You are beautiful, strong, creative, magical, wonderful, and all around great. Never be afraid to walk away or to speak up. We value and treasure you as a fellow woman (or man) and want you to know you are not alone.

National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673

National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline: 1-866-331-9474

University: Valdosta State University Major: American Sign Language & Interpretation Likes: eating doughnuts, going for a run, & doing paperwork Dislikes: tomatoes + lettuce on my cheeseburger, bad attitudes, & walking through mud in white Keds Follow Me: @brokenseaglass + @kekrivsky (Twitter/Instagram)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.