stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Probiotics: How They Can Help Your Insides!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Probiotics are very beneficial to the body! After taking antibiotics for weeks or months, you will start to notice a great change in your body. (Especially down there.) Antibiotics not only get rid of the bad bacteria but they also get rid of the good bacteria, causing your PH to imbalance. This can cause things like vaginal yeast infections, vaginal thrush, and even bacterial vaginitis; all things that can be cured by antibiotics. (How ironic, right?)

Probiotics come in all forms. Fermented foods such as: yogurts 

pickles 

and even cheese from RAW milk 

They also come in pill form, which you can get in up to 40BILLION microorganisms (recommended to keep in fridge to prolong life)! The more the micro, the better! There is, however, a such thing as taking too much probiotics. Doctors recommend taking 1-3 doses a day after each meal. So if you’re taking up to 3 a day, you may not have to eat yogurt to help balance your PH system. Probiotics are also used to balance your digestive system, which is awesome because after eating each meal you will be able to digest your food much easier.

So, if you ever wondered how you could boost your immune system, get rid of that annoying intolerance to dairy products, or tackle that yeast infection, consider taking probiotics! They are truly a life saver.

Mass Media Major and AFAM Minor and Valdosta State University. 21. Old soul. Cancer.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.