timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Power of Being Open Minded

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Many people think that being open minded means to do and try everything—I was one of those people until I realized that everything just isn’t for everyone. The definition of being open minded is: you are willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced.

Being open minded has helped me in many situations that I could have never been able to talk about and explain now. I now am able to keep my mind at rest when it comes to new people, ideas and even places.  I wanted to be open-minded because when I wasn’t, it held me back. Here are many benefits to being opened minded, such as:

1. Your mind is set free of stress and calamity that may occur due to overthinking

If you’re curious about someone or something is really holding you back from it, just go for it. Disregard people’s opinions and never allow someone to store place in your head.

2. You enjoy life more

When you’re willing to try new things, you will be able embrace it. Once you open yourself up to new things, everything that you may have hoped for or dreamed of becomes clearer.

3. Your confidence is boosted

A closed-minded person usually blocks off whatever challenges may be ahead of them. They tend to be shyer and not as social as an open-minded person. Having your confidence boosted will put you ahead of your competition. 

You aren’t going to wake up the next day and just know you’re going to be open-minded. It’s going to take some time, but if you work on it daily, it will become a good habit. 

HCXO!

Hello, Paige Buchanan is currently a junior mass media major and journalism minor at Valdosta State University. She loves the art of writing and media. Her career goal is to be a News Anchor. She loves to socialize with new people, explore her options in every aspect, and has many goals set for herself. She always has loved the quote "The Sky Isn't The Limit, It's Only The View" Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: paige_beauty96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.