This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello My fellow Beautiful Creatures, it’s that time of year again. In some places, it’s already snowing and freezing, and in other areas, it still feels like summer (my place of residence). But, who cares if the weather doesn’t match the month on your calendar, it’s winter time! 

This time of year can be stressful with the pressures of finding all your family and friends presents, trying to get home for the Holidays, and the weather just being a huge jerk can take a toll on a person. Well, I encourage you to take a break from this joyous, yet demanding time, and think about yourself for a day. Take one day to Pamper yourself, and I am going to give you a few suggestions on how you can do that.

Here is what I think a Dream Pamper-Me Winter Day will consist of :

1. Take a Hot Shower/Bath

There is no better way to start a frigid morning than to take a hot and relaxing shower/bath (not too long though). It can help relax you and your muscles, and ease some of that end of the year stress. You have time to use your new body exfoliator, sing your favorite Holiday songs at the top of your lungs, and everything else you can’t do on a regular day when everything is hectic.

2. Food of the day

I usually eat like a bagel and banana for breakfast (if I eat at all), but I noticed during the winter I crave hot breakfast more. So, since this is your day to treat yourself, make those pancakes, grits, eggs, and bacon! An excellent warm breakfast can make a chilly morning so much better. Also, the best meal to me on a lovely winter’s day would have to be a grilled cheese with tomato soup (name a better duo). These food choices will make your insides warm and satisfied.

3. Hair, Nails, Body

As I said before, this a Pamper Yourself type of day, so catch up on everything you wanted/need to do. You’ve noticed your feet and nails have been looking rough lately, give yourself a manicure and pedicure. You haven’t had the time to do your hair in a while; so wash it, condition it, moisturize it, do it! You have had that face mask sitting in the medicine cabinet for a few weeks, now is the time to try it out. Start that skin care routine that supposed to help your body stay moisturized during the Winter. Do things that’ll make you and your body feel amazing and stress-free. You never have time to do these things any other day, take advantage of your Pamper-Me Day.

4. Entertainment

Pamper-Me Day is your day! No TV show compromises, no feeling guilty for being on social media all day, and no headphones! This is your day to wrap yourself up in a huge blanket and binge watch the two seasons of The Fosters you’ve missed without worrying about anything else. This is the day for you to chill on the couch in your fuzzy socks and catch up on all the tea about your favorite celebrities. This day is used for you to lay in your bed while staring at the ceiling, and listen to your favorite songs as the bass shakes your room (music is therapy). This is the day to enjoy the little things.

So, go pick out a date for you Pamper-Me Day and make it happen, because you deserve it! -HCXO

Ketorah Frazier

Valdosta '20

Ketorah is a First Year Sociology Graduate Student at Valdosta State University. Ketorah loves to watch WWE, The Walking Dead, and Broad City. She also enjoys being a room with nothing but music playing, new and old. When she’s not doing that, you can catch her playing her PS4, and talking on the phone with her family and friends. Post-graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Victim Services, and plans to open up her own Non-Profit Organization for ALL Victims of crimes, such as domestic and sexual abuse.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.