This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

This letter is written for single and empowered women who are alone in February.

You don’t need a relationship to define your worth and how much of a badass you are. Society looks at a young woman in her twenty-something years and expects her to already be in a long-term relationship. This isn’t the reality of things; many women are single and are going after careers, degrees, self-care, etc. When you think of the wonderful month of February, it is about romantic love. Love comes in all forms and shapes: platonic, family, and love of self. If you don’t have someone to buy you that $100 bear at Walmart, it is fine. You go and buy yourself that bear as a gift to yourself. Don’t let civilization put you into a certain mold because you’re not with someone or you’re the “third wheel”. Focus on that degree, that career change, platonic relationships, and yourself. Try something new, take a self-care day, call your best friend up. You aren’t going to end up “alone forever”. Remember that, beautiful. 

This is the month of love, so LOVE YOURSELF before someone else. To my single women, recognize that your future love is out there, waiting to love you, as much as you love yourself. Feeling empty? Music cures the soul and speaks louder than words. Reconnect with nature. Reconnect with yourself. Thank yourself for how far you have made it with the hustle and bustle that is expected out of a woman. Your singleness isn’t defined in the lack of not having a partner but in the timing of the that who is fit for you. Someone who is deserving to love you: with every imperfection, weakness, force, and depth you have. If no one has told you yet, you are beautiful and worthy of love. Your existence matters to this world and plenty more. Thank you for everything you do for a society that may overlook you. You are worth your value. Enjoy the love around you and re-fall in love with yourself. 

From, A Fellow Empowered Woman. 

Nicolette is a junior at Valdosta State University, majoring in Communications with an emphasis in social media and interpersonal. She is also a digital content creator and freelance writer for Thought Catalog. Nicolette is also an avid coffee drinker, animal lover, and anime/marvel fanatic. Nicolette has a passion for catching up with the latest social media trends, writing and networking. Her dream career would be a social media manager or marketing coordinator.