OMG Moments from the Season 2 Premiere of How to Get Away With Murder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Shonda Rhimes sucked us all into her new show How to Get Away With Murder last fall, and the craze has continued with the premiere of season two. It was hard not to become obsessed with all of the secrets, murders and affairs the show contained. As if there weren’t enough jaw-dropping moments from the first season, the season two premiere left us saying “Oh my gosh!” several times. Also, if you haven’t watched the season premiere yet, I strongly encourage you to click the back button on your browser and not read this article. There’s going to be some major spoilers!

OMG Moment 1: THAT’S who killed Rebecca?

Maybe I’m just naïve, but I was completely shocked to find out that it was really Bonnie who killed Rececca. As much as I hated the thought of it, I really believed that Wes was the one who killed his goth-girlfriend and left her dead in the basement of Annalise’s home. Or if not him, I at least thought it was Frank just trying to clean up yet ANOTHER mess for someone. Come to find out, it was Bonnie thinking that she had something to prove to Annalise and that she was doing what she had to do to protect her. Well, guess what Bonnie? Annalise thinks even less of you know than she did before. Oops! Sorry, not sorry.

OMG Moment 2: Annalise had a WHAT?

Was anyone else completely surprised to find out that the woman who Annalise called to the rescue was actually her ex-girlfriend? Yes, you read correctly. Throughout the entire episode, both characters dropped hints that they had some type of rocky past and had a huge falling out. I just assumed that the two former BFF’s parted ways to due to Annalise’s being manipulative or over a guy. Well, it was over a guy—but not in the way that you’d think. It turns out that Annalise left Eve (her old friend) for her therapist years back. The therapist happened to be Sam! If you still weren’t sure that the two once had a romance, it was definitely confirmed by the ex-couple’s make out scene.  And am I the only one who finds it ironic that Annalise cheated on Eve with Sam, and then Sam ends up cheating on Annalise with Lyla? Karma really is a B word, huh?

OMG Moment 3: What happened to Annalise?

Because it seems like this is going to be a pattern in every season of HTGAWM, (or at least it has been for the previous season and the current one) there is going to be a death/crime in the season that we got a glimpse of during the first episode. This time, Annalise is the one left bleeding! The episode ends (of course) with Annalise left lying on the, bleeding from her stomach. Meanwhile, Wes is running outside, away from the house as a voiceover of Annalise is saying how people are normally killed by someone who they know and not a stranger. So, is Wes the one who tried to kill Annalise? Did someone else do it and Wes is just trying to run and get help? Will the cliff-hangers ever end? But hey, that’s why we love the show right?

Don’t forget to tune into the show next week so we can get a step closer to finding out more about these OMG moments!

HCXO! 

Her Campus at Valdosta State.