This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Many people may think you starve yourself if you’re a vegetarian, but that’s so far from the truth. A vegetarian is simply someone who does not eat meat. Just because you do not eat meat, does not mean you can eat just anything and be healthy. The point of becoming a vegetarian for me is to live a better and healthier lifestyle.

No lie, it was extremely hard to change to this vegetarian lifestyle, especially because I love chicken and it took a couple of days to wean myself off of meat. It started with what was in my refrigerator—I had so many packs of ground turkey and chicken, it was ridiculous. I either gave it to my friends or threw some of it away.

You may be wondering what really pushed me into the vegetarian lifestyle? It was all of the Facebook videos about how our meat today is really made and how we consume it. It was very disgusting and really made me rethink my eating habits. Not only did just the Facebook videos make me lean towards the vegetarian lifestyle, but doing my own in-depth research about the food I was eating and the benefits of being a vegetarian.

Some Benefits from a vegetarian lifestyle include:

•May Improve Mood

•May Improve Symptoms of Psoriasis

•May Reduce Incidence of Diabetes

•Reduces Risk of Cataract Development

•Reduces Risk of Cardiovascular Disease

•Vegetarians Usually Have Low Cholesterol

•Less Risk of Stroke and Obesity.

My vegetarian lifestyle has been going strong for two months now and each day that goes by, it gets easier and easier because I lose to wanting feeling of meat. I eat vegetables, tofu, black beans, potatoes and many more things that are just as filling. I discovered this meatless meat option where the food is soy based, but tastes just like meat. When I tell my friends about it, they look disgusted until they try it and actually enjoy it. I plan to keep this vegetarian lifestyle up and live a more clean and healthier lifestyle.

HCXO!

Hello, Paige Buchanan is currently a junior mass media major and journalism minor at Valdosta State University. She loves the art of writing and media. Her career goal is to be a News Anchor. She loves to socialize with new people, explore her options in every aspect, and has many goals set for herself. She always has loved the quote "The Sky Isn't The Limit, It's Only The View" Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: paige_beauty96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.