Member of the Week: Lauren Everett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Our Her Campus Valdosta State member of the week is our Managing Editor and Creative Director Lauren Everett! She received the most views on her Campus Celebrity Feature on Taylor Morrell. Lauren is junior majoring in Speech Communications. She is a Her Campus veteran, since she has been with our team since Her Campus was first brought to VSU’s campus! In her spare time, Lauren enjoys eating, sleeping, reading, painting, and drawing.

Lauren’s favorite part about being in Her Campus is not only the opportunities that it has brought to her but also the friendships, “I think the bonds and friendships that have sparked from being a part of this organization are the most important.” Lauren’s long term friendship with Taylor is what led her to writing her Campus Celebrity Feature, “I’ve known Taylor Morrell since our freshman year and her growth and drive is admirable. All of my friends are positive leaders in their own right. I have the platform to showcase that and if someone else can be inspired by her actions I’ve done my job as well!” She also left us with this fun fact, “My nickname, LACE, is actually my name. I have two middle names, April-Courtney. So that’s fun!”

Congrats Lauren on being this week’s member of the week! Be sure to check out her Campus Celebrity feature on Taylor Morrell and all of the other great work she has done for Her Campus here! HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk