Life > High School

Late to Class? Here’s, Why You Should Come on Time!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Every semester there always seems to be these couple of students who shows up to class late. No matter if it’s five minutes late or thirty minutes late. You are being the student who tries to make it to class on time because you don’t want the teacher to give you a stare of death. While your fellow classmates make up their own class schedule. It even might seem like the teacher doesn’t mind, but believe the teacher is taking notice. Here are three reasons why you should come to class on time:

So you don’t miss important announcements

Sometimes the teacher has important announcements first thing in the morning, if you come to class late, you don’t even know if you miss any announcements because now the teacher is busy teaching, and your classmates are busy listening to the teacher. Missing important announcements can reflect on your grade. What if the teacher announced about an assignment you had to do and you weren’t even there to get the instructions, then you get an F. The day you come late might be the day the teacher throws a curve ball by announcing important information, so come to class on time. If you can’t make it to class on time, let a friend know you will be running late so if something comes up in class that you need to know, you have someone to ask what you missed.

The teacher notices

Believe it or not the teacher notices when you don’t come to class or are always late all the time. The teacher does notice you even if the classroom is full of students. Yes, teacher has many students during the semester but as time goes by, they start to remember faces and names. You as a student want to show the teacher you respect their class by showing up and being on time.

It’s your education

Most likely you are paying for college, so you are wasting your money if you are not attending class or showing up late. What’s the point on missing class or not attending if you are going to pay all of this money just not to show up to class? You might think it’s not hurting you right now, but wait until you fail that class because of your attendance and have to repay the college just for a class you could have passed the first time.

Make this semester a great one by coming to class on time or even showing up. It’s okay to take some days off if you need a mental day or you are not feeling well. But you will find it’s important for you to show up to class and take your education serious. 

hcxo

Bonny is a transfer student from Georgia Military College, having obtained her associates degree in communication science in Summer 2020. She then transferred to Valdosta State in Fall 2020. She is now a mass media major in her junior year, looking to experience media like she never dreamed of! Bonny's hope that someday her work reaches you and many more.