This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Have you ever been with someone who made you feel worthless? It’s as if they don’t care about your feelings or value you? Let’s understand our worth, ladies. We are queens. We do not need someone to kiss the ground that we walk on, but they should know that we drop gold every step we take! Do not ever let someone tell or make you feel like you’re not good enough. Queen, you are worth what the world cannot offer.

Do not tolerate or settle for someone who does not appreciate you, who disrespects you, and doesn’t value your heart. One who is unfaithful, unloving, and who is a coward. Pick up your crown and understand that you deserve a king. You deserve respect, love, and value. Don’t settle for a cheater, because once a cheater, always a cheater. You should not sell yourself short for someone when they are suppose to be protectors, not our enemies. We must embrace self-love. If you do not love or value yourself, why would someone else? Don’t apologize for who you truly are. You are “perfect” in your own way. The flaws you have, those imperfections are a part of the beauty that makes us, us. We are still growing and evolving. If they cannot handle you at your worst, then they don’t deserve you at your best.

The love you deserve will come to you, when you learn to love yourself. Your heart is a precious gift. Give it to a someone who doesn’t size you down to be a peasant. Your body is a temple. You are not obligated to sleep with anyone. The minute you negotiate your self-worth and accept less, you are saying you don’t deserve any better: and that is how people treat you, what you allow. Be selective. Do not seek only one who gives you the attention you “need” because of low self-esteem. You are beautiful and worth it. Respect it and be respected. Love yourself. Know your value and don’t accept being treated in a way less than you deserve. 

This is all a matter of self-esteem, self-love, self-value, and self-worth of being a woman. They will see that we value ourselves and know what we are worth, so they will treat us with our deserved worth. If we put a high value, you will attract what you deserve because they will see your worth. We will not make excuses and lower ourselves for a someone who doesn’t know our worth, that we are queens. Keep your head held high and your crown sitting tall.

Saabirah Breneus attends Valdosta State University. She is a junior majoring in mass media with hopes to become a new anchor. Saabirah is from Boston, MA but now lives in Jonesboro, GA. She is an amazing dancer, who also enjoys writing and telling stories very much. Saabirah loves being center of attention with all eyes on her.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.