danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Successfully Balance Work, School, and Play

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Yes! You finally got that job you’ve been working hard for but now you’re realizing your academics and social life are taking the back end. Guess what, you don’t have to choose one over the other. Speaking from experience, I am currently learning how to balance all three things and keep my mental, physical, and emotional health intact!

Here are 3 ways you can accomplish balancing the 3 life challengers!

Work

Most college students don’t work 8 hours every singe day of the week. Jobs are mostly flexible when it comes to hiring a student so it can work around their schedule. Use this to your advantage! More hours equal more money, yes, but don’t over book yourself. Try to stay within the 5 hour – 6 hour shift range during the week and make up for it on the weekends! Also, throw in some “OFF” days as well. If you know you have a lot of classes during the day, stray away from working that day or working a lot of hours.

School

Don’t forget that school is the reason why you worked so hard during your senior year in high school to get HOPE. School is the reason why you want to start your career as soon as possible. And school is the reason why you are here in the first place. Do not let your academics slip because of work. After those 5-hour shifts, use the rest of your day to do your work. Also, get ahead in your classes as much as possible and you can use your “OFF” day to do this as well.

Play

Play isn’t just about partying. Although that is what most students may think. Play can also be about relaxing. It’s very important to get your rest and it’s very important to take breaks. If you find yourself needing to take a deep breath, do so! Your health should always come first. So sit back, kick your feet up, and get a glass of wine or your favorite drink!

Just think about it: there are 24 hours in a day, so try to divide those 24 hours wisely and you won’t have a thing to worry about!

Mass Media Major and AFAM Minor and Valdosta State University. 21. Old soul. Cancer.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.