This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It has come to the point in the semester where every college student begins to stress heavily. Finals week is quickly approaching and can be one of the worst times for college students. Between events, activities, a social life, sleep, etc. It can be challenging to balance it all but I have a few tips that can help with the pressure.

1. Find a quiet place to study

Finding a quiet place to study is one of the best things you can do. Quietness is helpful because it limits your distractions and also helps you retain the information that you are studying. The front lawn is a great option because it is secluded, quiet and the scenery is a nice view while you study.

2. Break down your work

Have certain days for certain subjects. Instead of trying to study everything in one day, have certain days where you study one subject and certain days where you study another. This is a good strategy for when you have multiple test in one week. It won’t be an overload for your brain.

3. Form study groups

Sometimes forming a study group can be beneficial because other people may have different strategies that you may not have thought of on your own. Also, talking out loud and trying to explain a concept to someone else may help you remember the information as well.

4. SLEEP 

Make sure you get some rest! Lack of sleep can actually harm your chances of concentrating and being able to show how much you have retained. Getting a great nights rest can boost your brain activity and energy levels.

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.