This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Taking care of your skin is a very tedious task. You have to find the right product that won’t dry out your skin, won’t give you a rash, and actually takes care of the problem in the long run. Buying skin care products can just as expensive has hair care and makeup products. With us being college students, sometimes those products aren’t in our budget but we can’t neglect our beautiful skin. Luckily, there is a cheaper way to keep our skin looking fresh and bright!

1. Lemons

Lemons are great for promoting clear skin, evening out your skin tone and getting rid of dead skin cells. Take freshly squeezed lemon juice and put it on your face and neck. Avoid the eyes! After 10-15 minutes wash off with lukewarm water.

2. Cucumbers

After washing off the lemon juice try rubbing cucumbers on your face instead of your normal moisturizer. Cucumbers heal those damaged skin cells and give you that summer time glow. Cut the cucumber in thick slices and run over face. Leave the cucumber juice on your face overnight and wash off in the morning. Do this nightly.

3. Sugar Scrub

Do you have sugar just sitting around your house collecting dust? Put it to use and make a sugar scrub. This will help you exfoliate your skin.

Directions:

1. Combine 1 teaspoon of sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of honey and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

2. Mix ingredients well.

3. If the mixture is a little loose, add a bit more sugar.

4. Do this every other day or so.

Try these tricks and see your skin transform! HCXO! 

Hello! I'm Erika and I'm a Mass Media and French major. I love to read, write, and listen to music! 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.