This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

SO YA’LL…autumn is my favorite season! It is almost like a holiday for me. It brings me so much joy. Leaves changing, pumpkin spiced everything and cool crisp weather. Even though in Georgia, especially South Georgia, our weather is unfortunately unpredictable and likes to do what it wants when it wants. I mean, one day it can be 100 degrees and the next day it can drop to below freezing. Maybe that’s an exaggeration. However you all get the joke. 

For me, fall is all about coziness and cinnamon pumpkin scents and flavors. I start getting in my fall groove by decorating my living space. Whether you live in a dorm, apartment or house, it does not feel like home you until you add your personal touch to it. To start off, Glade has tons of different scents for the fall season. My favorite is Cashmere Woods. Keep in mind this brand’s scents usually last around 30 minutes. Therefore, I recommend buying at least two cans of your favorite scent. They’re each one dollar at your local Walmart or Kroger. Next, clean and disinfect your room. Then, buy fake autumn leaves from dollar tree. Cinnamon sticks. Orange and Yellow lights to hang around your room. Mini pumpkins to put on your desk. Dollar Tree usually have tons of cute wall art you can hang up around your room to add a more chic feel to it. After you cozy up your space, make yourself some pumpkin spice hot chocolate!

Moving on to outfits. Fall wardrobe is simply flannels, boots and cardigans. I love being able to dress warm. See what your local shopping stores have on sale for comfy but stylish clothes. Something cute that always looks good when paired together is an oversized preppy T-shirt and cardigan with skinny jeans and furry moccasins. That is my go-to favorite outfit!

Now on to food. Pumpkin Spiced everything! Pumpkin toothpaste, fall-inspired drinks, cream cheese and cinnamon sugar bagels and more.

I feel like the only two seasons that should exist in this world are winter and autumn. Get into your fall groove this semester by decorating your living space, changing up your wardrobe and adding pumpkin spice to every meal. Happy Autumn!

HCXO !                      

Ciara Jones

Valdosta '20

Hello, Ciara Jones is a "Senior" at Valdosta State University, majoring in Mass Media. After she graduates, she is planning to go into ministry working with communication media and journalism. She has a passion for Jesus, writing, kids and food. She loves attending bonfires and concerts on her free time.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.