This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The college life is something that one day you will tell you children about, but to make it the best experience possible you have to make sure you get out there. Here are a few tips on how to survive college

1. Join organizations and clubs on campus.

The best way to meet people who have the same interests as you is to join something that you’re truly passionate about. Organizations and clubs also help you network, you never know who could be the next Bill Gates. However, don’t get wrapped up in too many on campus activities because it will take away from your social life and academic priorities. 

2. Go out!

Going out doesn’t always mean some wild, crazy Project X type of party (even those could be fun) but make sure you get out and about. Learn where some of the best hangout spots are, or even the best place to eat. Don’t just go to class and back home or to your dorm. Find the beauty and fun in your college town. But seriously, there’s no harm in partying every now and then.

3. Take pride in your school and attend sporting events.

Nothing screams, “I’m living the college life” quite like attending a football, basketball, or baseball game.. or two…or all of them. Show a little school spirit, get rowdy, and cheer your athletes on. This allows you to interact with people who may love a sport as much as you, or it may help you meet people who may be just as confused about a sport as you.

4. Get a job.

Be independent and build a resume! Having a job while in college teaches responsibility and money management skills. It also helps your future employers see that you are a dependable individual. Just like everything else, don’t consume yourself in a heavy workload otherwise you won’t have enough time for friends and the ever-so precious sleep.

5. Take a rest day.

A chaotic schedule is normal for a college student. You have papers, group projects, and tests on a weekly basis and often times you just get stressed out. Every now and then take a day to just sleep in, cuddle up with your blanket and catch up on your favorite series. The only way you can be the best you can be is if you’re getting adequate rest. Just don’t make rest days a frequent occurrence, theres a difference between catching up on sleep and being lazy. 

College is what you make it. While these may be some of the hardest years of your early adulthood they also have the potential of being some of the greatest times you have ever had!

Rineta is a Speech Communication major at Valdosta State University, with an emphasis in public relations. She aspires to have a career in sports media relations one day. In her free time she enjoys binge watching shows written by Shonda Rimes on Netflix, reading professional athlete autobiographies and being the friend who laughs too much. Follow her- IG/Twitter: _rrainey
Her Campus at Valdosta State.