This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The cold is finally beginning to hit Valdosta, so boots are definitely a must have. I have racked up on a few pairs of boots within the last couple of weeks because different boot styles make different statements when it comes to the finishing touches of an outfit. Here are the different boot styles you might catch me in throughout these fall and winter months.

BOOTIES 

Booties are my favorite because they come in so many different styles. You have booties with a heel, without a heel and they come in different materials such as suede, leather and of course faux leather. The best part of booties is that you can seriously style them in so many different ways. You have casual booties, dressy booties and your little combat booties too. Depending on how you style these, your outfit can go from looking sanctified, edgy, to sexy real quick.

MID CALF/REGULAR BOOTS

These are your typical boots. They’re always in style and they come in many different forms, but you can usually find them in a flat style, this little block heel or an actual heel that ranges from about 1.5 to 2 inches. My favorites when it comes to mid calf boots are fringe boots which also come in a variety of colors and the UGG boot which is a MUST for the colder months.

TALL BOOTS

Tall boots are always stylish. These are typically your riding boots. These boots are the cutest when paired with dark denim skinny jeans and an adorable top. They also take your t-shirt and leggings look to another level. It is all up to you.

OVER-THE-KNEE/ THIGH HIGH BOOTS

Okay, now you’re trying to look grown and sexy. These boots can make a simple outfit look BOMB in a matter of seconds. You can go from looking drab to fab. These boots are usually what I stray away from since I am on the shorter side, and a thigh high boot would just cut all my little height completely off. This year I have found my perfect pair of thigh high boots and I cannot wait to step out in them.

Regardless of what style of boots you choose wear them proud.  Boots season is among us, and it’s time to bring them out. I even got my mom into a few pairs. Oh, and do not forget that boots also come in “wide calf” for us big calf/ thick thigh girls.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.