The Best Apps to Have On Your Phone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Today, everything you need and anyone you need to contact can all be reached from one device. Phones have evolved so much over the years that having one is now a necessity. Not to mention, all of the apps! It’s true: there is an app for EVERYTHING! Although there are some apps that we could’ve lived without (like, shall we say, Flappy Bird?!), there are a lot of helpful apps that you could use. Here are some of the best apps out that I know of! 

Tapingo

The best on-the-go app, Tapingo can be the most efficient way to get food fast! It works great for college campus dining and avoids those long lines during lunch hour. With Tapingo, instead of calling an order in, it is as simple as going to the app, placing your order, and paying, all from the same app! You can also search for local restaurants and it’ll even begin to memorize your favorite orders. This app is spreading fast, and it’s free

My Days

My Days has your back all the time! It is the best period and ovulation tracker, and it’s easy to use! With this handy app you can record your period, the days to take your pill, the days you have sex, and make notes. It’s set up in a calendar format so you can always go back and check yourself (no guessing!). My Days lets you personalize the calendar color scheme any way you want. Once it learns your monthly patterns, you’ll see this app knows you better than any other app will!

Tumblr

If you don’t already know about Tumblr, then you should be ashamed! Tumblr is life! It’s your getaway from the reality of life, into a world of beautiful pictures and free-minded people. It’s an interactive blog that is unlike any other social network. Tumblr has always been the same and that is why it is still as great as ever. You can follow your friends or complete strangers but no one really keeps up with that anyway. You will find yourself scrolling for hours on end, reblogging everything interesting. It’s hard not to love Tumblr, you have to have it!

Rap Genius

First of all, did you know Rap Genius even had an app? I didn’t at first, but I’ve haven’t turned back since! If you’re one of those people who listens to songs and wonders what it’s deeper meaning, then this app is for you. Rap genius breaks down any song, poem, literature, or news and annotates it. 99% of the time they are correct and may make you look at the work completely different. With the app, Rap Genius can now look up lyrics and songs right from your music library! If you like music, you’ll love this app. 

iStudiez Pro

If you’re an organization freak, this app will be your best friend. iStudiez Pro is a wireless student planner that can sync your phone, computer, and iPad. If you’re horrible at writing stuff down, this app takes care of everything. Starting in the beginning of the semester, plug in your schedule and access any notes or deadlines right in your hand. iStudiez can help calculate your GPA, send out notifications, and comes in 25+ languages. More features with the app can only be unlocked by paying $2.99, but the basic version is free! Download this app and I guarantee you’ll love it!

Spotify 

Spotify is now free!! It’s a digital music service that offers access to millions of songs that can be browsed by artist, playlist, or genre. It gives you the option to play any song at any time! There’s also Spotify Radio which will learn to know the type of music you like! Any music nerd will fall in love with this app. 

All of these apps are so convenient! As much time as we spend on our phones, useful apps are needed, especially in college. The only thing missing is a Her Campus app! ;)

An interior design major at VSU, & a creative genius.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.