etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Awesomeness You Have to Take on After a Breakup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

After all the crying and the tubs of ice cream you ate with a single spoon, you’re finally over your breakup. But before you go scouting for a potential new serious boyfriend, it’s time to take on the awesomeness that comes after a breakup.

One: Building up an awesome confidence

You’re awesome! You have an awesome personality, an awesome smile, and who can forget that awesome mindset of yours? Let’s face it, you’re pretty damn awesome. You were so awesome, that’s why the relationship didn’t work out. You were way too awesome for that jerk. It’s not cockiness, it’s awesome confidence!  

Two: Independent woman

If you’re a person who hates depending on people, you have to take on this tip. Take some time to be independent. Since you’re single, there’s no more having to adjust your schedule to meet someone else’s. There’s no more waiting on someone to get you food or no more waiting on someone to come fix your television. Basically, there’s no more waiting around for someone to do something for you.

Three: Time to be Selfish

If you were already selfish in your last relationship, you still get to be selfish but without all of the criticism. It’s your time. You get to do what you want, where you want and wherever you want. You don’t have to think about anyone else before yourself because it’s you time all the time!

Four: Dip your feet into the pool

You’re probably wondering if you still got IT. Yes, IT! The charm that puts guys under your spell. IT is that something special about you that leaves guys wanting more. Try going out with a couple of your girls and flirt with a potential new boo thang or casual hookup. Whatever works for you!

I'm Jessie Thomas, a junior in college. I'm a fun loving girl who loves music and fashion! Someday I hope to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.