Around Town: ThrIVe Hydration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

ThrIVe Hydration is a wellness clinic that was founded in 2014 that specializes in IV hydration therapy, vitamin therapy and medical weight loss treatments. Their treatments are able to cure colds, ease pain, treat morning sickness, and cure hangovers. Treatments are administered by licensed Professional Nurses in a clean, safe, and relaxing environment. ThrIVe has a location in Tallahasse, here in Valdosta and even does “House-calls.” The website gives more information on the treatment, “Our hydration therapy utilizes a common, minimally-invasive procedure to intravenously deliver fluids, medications, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements directly into your bloodstream to provide relief for a multitude of common ailments associated with the accumulative effects of dehydration.” I decided to try this treatment out for myself to see what it’s like. 

When I walked in, I immediately felt comfortable. The decor of the lobby is very aesthetically pleasing and modern. I was greeted by a Registered Nurse named Stephanie, who led me to the treatment area. I sat down in a comfortable reclining chair and was given a simple oxygen treatment while I looked through the treatment options. The oxygen treatment was a relaxing start and made me feel at ease. My nurse was very friendly, and knowledgable of the treatments and was able to answer any questions I had about the tretaments. I filled out some paper work, and she helped me find a treatment that was perfect for me.

I decided to go with the 500ml treatment. The treatment was described on the list, “500ml or 1000ml of surgical grade sodium chloride whuch has an electrolyte composition that mimics human blood plasma.” In simpler terms, the IV was going to adminster sodium chloride into my bloodstream. As someone who isn’t very fond of needles, I was assured that it would be okay. Nurse Stephanie coached me through the experience and the insertion of the IV was not as painful as I anticipated. I was told that it is a common occurence for your arm and body to feel cold during the treatment and that some initial discomfort would be normal. She made sure that I was well aware of what was going on which led me to feel more comfortable.

I was given the option to watch Netflix or listen to music on Pandora during my treatment but I decided to just take this as a quiet time. During the treatment, I felt extremely relaxed and even closed my eyes and rested. I decided to keep the oxygen treatment going while I received my hydration therapy, and that made the experience even more relaxing. I did not feel any discomfort from the IV, and I can even say that I forgot it was in for a while until I looked at my arm.

My treatment lasted for about 45 minutes and I was left feeling very relaxed and hydrated. After having a rough and stressful week, I felt at ease and very calm. Overall, it was the highlight of my week. ThrIVe offers special memberships for VSU students that are very practical and affordable. There are tons of different add-ons that can be incorporated into your treatment. Based on my experience, I would definitely recommend going and trying out a treatment. The experience was very unique, relaxing, and interesting.

The next time you’re in a bit of pain or have a terrile hangover after a night out, think about trying out a treatment at ThrIVe. You can schedule an appointment via phone (800) 819-9406 or you can go to their site to book one. ThrIVe is located inside of Whole Body Cryotherapy which is on 3338 Country Club Road, Valdosta, GA 31605 Suite M3. Their hours are: Wednesday, Friday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm.

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk