jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs You’re Not With The “Perfect” Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

For girls night this weekend my friends and I went to the movies to see The Perfect Guy. I had a great time watching all of those beautiful people on screen, but I began to think, “How did she not see this coming?” Ladies and gentlemen please don’t get blinded by looks! Domestic violence is a serious issue and can often lead to someones death. There are plenty of warning signs that you need to look for in order to aviod being in a abusive relationship. For all of you hopeless romantics out there, here are a five warning signs that your partner isn’t the perfect one for you.

1. They don’t like when you spend time with other people. You have family and friends who love you, if your significant other has an issue with that, that’s a problem! You shouldn’t feel isolated from everyone you know. They can’t expect for you to only spend time with them, that’s not very realistic.

2. They hover just a little too much. If you have a feeling someone is watching you, and it turns out that your significant other is actually watching you… that’s not good, it’s actually super scary. It’s okay for someone to worry about you and your for your safety but stalking you, that’s just too much.

3. They physically hurt you. Any form of physical violence isn’t acceptable at all!

4. They are verbally abusive. Words hurt and your partner shouldn’t aim to hurt you.

5. They pressure you into doing things you don’t want to do. Yes you are in a relationship but you are the ruler of your universe. You shouldn’t have to do anything you don’t want to.

In a relationship if you ever feel worried or scared about your safety, this isn’t a relationship you need to be in. Relationships are about companionship, being with someone who makes you happy, who promotes growth in all areas of your life, and who supports you. October is Domestic Violence Awarness month, so be aware of risky behavior!

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.