jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Life, Love & College: 5 Signs Your Relationship is Going Nowhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Ask yourself these questions:

1. How long have you guys been dating?

If you guys have been talking for a while and he still hasn’t tried to take it to the next step, chances are it’s not in his plans to do so. If a guy is really into you he’ll be anxious to have you to himself. Any man who claims to really like you but isn’t trying to make you his girlfriend is probably just playing with your emotions.

2. Does he rarely contact you first?

Do you always find yourself trying to resist the urge to text or call him first, wondering what he’s been doing for hours on end because he hasn’t reached out to you? Don’t stress it, because he more than likely isn’t stressing you. It sounds harsh, but it’s reality. If a guy is interested in you he will make every effort possible to talk to you.

3. Does he make time for you?

If he isn’t taking out time to be with you, mostly only calling when he needs company or wants something, he may see you as a convenience. Never let a guy use you as “something to do when there’s nothing to do.” Not only does it make you look bad, but it also shows that you have very little self-worth and too much time on your hands.

4. Are you his only person of interest?

If you’re making a guy your one and only and are still constantly seeing him with other females, he just isn’t serious about you. Don’t lie to yourself. Some guys simply aren’t mature enough or ready to be focused on only one girl. Don’t dumb yourself into believing that one day soon he’ll be ready and you should patiently wait. You could possibly be patiently waiting forever.

5. Does he respect you?

If you are allowing a guy to blatantly disrespect you, this is nearly equivalent to telling him you don’t want him to be serious with you. How can you expect someone to be with you and treasure you if you don’t treasure yourself enough to be respected and treated right? Mistreatment before even making it official will just lead to an even worse relationship, so demand his respect.

Try not to be overwhelmed if it turns out he’s not planning a future with you. It’s his loss and his only, girlfriend.

Journalist, Writer, Mother and Wife. Passionate about travel and alternative/indie music. English and Journalism graduate at Valdosta State University as of May 2017. Follow me on twitter: GenevaCrooks_ Add me on Facebook: Geneva Rena'
Her Campus at Valdosta State.