harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to Deal with Stress at the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s the end of the semester. Yep. Only two more weeks of class left until you’re free for the summer (unless you’re taking summer classes). I’m sure we can all feel that beachy wind in our hair, smell that distinct scent of chlorine in our nostrils and taste that good ol’ barbecued food on our taste buds. However, with the end of the semester in sight, one feeling is inevitable: stress.

1. Stay up to date with your assignments

Homework, quizzes and tests may be piling on you, but don’t ignore it! If you put off doing homework, you’ll only regret it later–when you actually have to do it.

2. Don’t blame your stress on your friends

Chances are your friends are going through the same stress you’re experiencing. Blaming your woes on them will only put a strain on your friendship, stressing you out even more. If you need to, take a break from each other and reserve time to hang out on the weekends, when you can relax a bit more.

3. Breathe

Sometimes, you need to stop, sit down and take a deep breath. Stressing over homework and finals can really take a toll on your mind, causing you to act erratically.

4. If you need to watch TV, do some yoga or take a nap, DO IT!

Collegiettes, your sanity always comes first! Take time off to just be yourself. You won’t get anything done if you’re biting your nails and pulling your hair out all day.

Her Campus at Valdosta State.