This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

From spicing up recipes to helping get that flawless skin we all dream of, avocados truly do prove to be one of just about everybody’s favorite fruit. Fruit you may be thinking? Yes, fruit! Those green delicious things we call avocados are actually berries. They aren’t very sweet but most of us can eat them like they are anyways. Are you interested in finding out the top three reasons they’re the best fruit ever? Well, you’ve come to the right place!

1. They’re one of the healthiest snacks ever!

Avocados are the most fatty fruit there is, the great thing about the fact that they’re so fatty is that they’re full of unsaturated fat! That means that they are actually full of good fats like, magnesium and potassium. They also can help prevent heart attacks and lower cholesterol. I know weird right? But that can pay off one day.

2. They are great for facials

Avocados make for some of the best and nutritious masks out there. Mixed with things like oatmeal or honey they can be the facial cocktail your face has been begging for. Because the fruit is so packed with vitamins and as I mentioned earlier unsaturated fats, it truly is an awesome thing for your skin. There are in store masks that you can buy already made and at home recipes that don’t require much but items you’ll already have around the house. Either way, it’s an easy step to take towards healthy and flawless skin

3. Never ending recipes

Avocados are great to eat alone, in guacamole, or to top Mexican food. But there are also thousands of recipes for avocados. From pizzas to gourmet sandwiches, the possibilities are nearly endless. One thing I learned while researching for this article is that avocado makes a good spread for bread. So next time you wake up and make your morning toast, give it a try!

HCXO!

Journalist, Writer, Mother and Wife. Passionate about travel and alternative/indie music. English and Journalism graduate at Valdosta State University as of May 2017. Follow me on twitter: GenevaCrooks_ Add me on Facebook: Geneva Rena'
Her Campus at Valdosta State.