This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

As the temperatures increase ladies it’s time to show some skin. Take those arms and legs out of winter’s hibernation and commit to some well needed landscaping. When it comes to shaving we all hate the process, razor bumps and irration that some times comes with it. Let’s not forget about the price of our favorite “aloe infused” razors. Hair removal does not always have to be such a grueling process. There are several ways to handle those unwanted hairs that are easier, cheaper and last longer than shaving. So when its time to but on those high waisted shorts and tank tops you will be ready. Here are some alternatives to the typical razor shaving regimen!

1. Professional Waxing

Waxing consists of warm wax being placed on your skin to the area desired to be waxed. Then the wax is swiftly removed by a strip causing the hairs to be pulled out by the root. In other words, waxing can be somewhat painful. But a good wax can last up to anywhere from two to six weeks. To get a proper wax always go to the professionals. Do it yourself kits aren’t always the way to go. With that being said, the price of waxing is more expensive than shaving or using hair removal cream, but it lasts longer and lessens the chances of ingrown hairs that can occur when shaving.

2. Depilatory Creams

Creams like Veet , Bikini Zone , Nair and other hair removal creams are chemically enhanced to weaken hair follicles so they can be easily wiped away. You apply the cream to the desired area, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and the hairs wipe right off. Depilatory creams are a quick and painless way to remove hair. It can be used on virtually any skin surface (although your private parts are advised against), just be sure wash your hands properly after use. It is less expensive than waxing and buying pricey razor blades. It can also be done in the convenience of your home with careful instruction.

3. Laser Removal

Do not let the term laser stop you from looking into laser hair removal. Laser removal works best on dark hairs and has about a 80% sucess rate. Laser removal consist of several treatments within 4-5 week time period. Many say the pain factor is less then waxing but more than shaving and depilatory creams. Laser treatments are quite pricey .The average laser visit will cost you about $100. Before you go digging into your piggy bank be sure to do your research on the aesthician you choose before going for a consultaion. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for!

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.