This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Let’s face it; 2016 wasn’t the best year for some of us. Although it may not have been a good year for politics, 2016 did give us a ton of great music! We were blessed with albums from Beyonce, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Kanye West, Frank Ocean (finally), and lots of other artists. With so many popular artists releasing music, you may have missed some great albums from lesser-known musicians. Here are a few “slept-on” albums from 2016:

1. Gallant – Ology 

2. Mac Miller – The Divine Feminine

3. Anderson Paak – Malibu 

4. Childish Gambino – “Awaken, My Love!”

5. dvsn – SEPT. 5TH

6. HONNE – Warm On A Cold Night 

7. KAYTRANADA – 99.9%

8. Reflections in Real Time – Kilo Kish

9. NAO – For All We Know

10. Santigold – 99 Cents

If you haven’t already heard these, give them a listen. We might be leaving a lot of things behing in 2016, but all this great music isn’t one of them! 

-HCXO!

Preyah James

Valdosta '18

Preyah is a senior studying briology and journalism at Valdosta State University. Originally from Riverdale, GA, Preyah is president and Campus Correspondant for VSU's chapter of Her Campus. When she's not studying for a genetics test, Preyah loves to cook, read and watch Game of Thrones. Post-graduation, she plans to pursue a career in science writing and journalism, hoping to work for National Geographic. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.