Volunteer Opportunities the Month of February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

UW-Milwaukee has a great center on campus called the Center for Community-Based Learning, Leadership, and Research (CCBLLR), that strives to improve student civic and leadership experience through community engagement. The CCBLLR is responsible for events around UWM like, Make a Difference Day and the Alternative Spring Break program! Luckily for us, they always have volunteer opportunities around campus and Milwaukee that students can participate in. Take a look below to see how you can give back to your community this February!

Fresh Pick’s Mobile Market – February 8 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm

Volunteer to assist with the traveling Mobile Market right here on the UWM main campus. Mobile Market is a partnership between Pick & Save and Hunger Task force that brings fresh food at reduced prices to neighborhoods across the city.

The Gathering – February 9, 16, 24 @ 7:00 am – 10:00 am

Volunteer any Friday! Serve breakfast to the hungry within the community each Friday from 7:00-10:00am.

Tuesdays’ Food Pantry – February 13, 20, 27 @ 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm

Volunteer to assist at the Friedens Food Pantry located in the Hope House any Tuesday or Thursday from noon-2:45pm.

Thursdays’ Food Pantry – February 8, 15, 22 @ 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm

(To see full list of activities and sign-up for FREE transportation, see http://uwm.edu/community/events/)

Tori is a senior at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee where she is majoring in Marketing and Supply Chain Management with an minor in International Business. In her free time, Tori loves searching for the cheapest way to travel the world, drinking obscene amounts of coffee and read up on all the new fashion trends. Not to mention her love for Pinterest and attempting new DIY projects. Do you need travel inspo? Or maybe restaurant recommendations? Follow her on Instagram, @tori.sweeney !