How to Prep Your Body for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

The title of this article might be a little misconceiving. I’m not here to tell you how to get those perfect abs or which diet you should quick try this week so you look like Kendall Jenner next week. Trust me, we can all search the Internet and go through that process. But I’m here to help you feel good physically while you endure your crazy spring break! From late nights drinking sugary slush to long days in the sun and sand, your body is going to go through a lot in one week! Here are some tips to help you feel the best you can during the most fun week of the year.

1. Drink water: There’s no excuse!! Keep drinking water. Nobody wants to be dehydrated during spring break.
  2. Sunscreen is cool: Nothing is worse than trying to wear a sexy dress to the club when you’re as red as a lobster and in more pain than a million jelly fish stings.
  3. Make sure to stock up on Gatorade, sprite and other hangover essentials the day before you drink. You don’t want to spend the whole day inside nursing the Irish flu.
  4. The week before your trip, try to cook super healthy meals. Not only will you look a little slimmer, but you should feel balanced and have lots of energy. Besides, you might feel guilty for eating out so much during break and it’s a great way to save money.
  5. Avoid foods high in sodium: Salt makes you retain water and causes bloating. If you’re in a swimsuit all day, you might want to steer clear from high sodium foods and drinks.
  6. Don’t forget your essentials! Razor, deodorant, face wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, prescriptions, sunglasses, shampoo/conditioner, makeup, lotion and aloe vera!
  7. Get lots of sleep the week before and make sure you recover a few days after your trip.
  8. Try finding cute smoothie bowl or juice shops for afternoon pick-me-ups! It’s better than heavy and greasy snacks.
I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee studying marketing and international business. I spend most of my time traveling, writing, interning and hanging out with the most inspiring people.