Campus Profile: Lauren Raquel Nelson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

Name?

Lauren Raquel Nelson

Age?

22 years and 304 days old

Year in School?

Super Senior-graduation May 2018

Major?

Journalism, Advertising and Media Studies with concentration in Advertising and Public Relations

Hometown?

Milton, WI

Her Campus Position?

Event Coordinator and Contributor

Favorite show to binge watch?

That’s a tough question. Friends or The Office… sometimes I flip back and forth…could I be anymore indecisive?

Favorite book?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Celebrity crush?

Chris Pine or Paul Rudd <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Organizations involved with?

Her Campus, Kappa Tau Sorority, Headbands of Hope

Career goals?

To become so successful in the advertising and PR industry that I can retire early and live on an old remodeled plantation in South Carolina where the gravel driveway is lined with weeping willow trees and all my rescue dogs and Corgis will have a place to live happily ever after.

What are you most excited about helping to build the UWM chapter of HC?

I am excited to create a safe environment where UWM women can be themselves without any judgment and express their ideas.

What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

My absolute favorite thing to do is to go back to my parents’ house and have a family get together where all we do is laugh and enjoy each other’s company and cuddle with my old, deaf dog at the end of the night.

Rachel Pagel is a UW-Milwaukee senior in the Journalism College. She is majoring in Media Studies and is also currently the Digital Media Intern at Lessiter Media. Rachel is one of the two founding Campus Correspondents at UWM! She is getting married in the fall and loves to write about the hectic nature of planning a wedding while still in college. Rachel's other interests include watching Downton Abbey, drinking wine, and playing the piano.