sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It’s V-Day friends! Valentine’s Day is all about spreading the love – to your significant other, mom, friends, or whoever. Or, you may be spending the day by yourself Regardless of your plans this Valentine’s Day, these five tips apply to YOU! Why not spread a lil’ love, and love yourself too? Here’s how:

1. Soak in a Bubble-bath:

Bubble baths are so relaxing! Light a candle, throw in some rose petals, and bask in the bubbly-goodness. You can buy some bath bombs prior to Valentine’s Day, use a bubble bath, bath fizz, or whatever you have handy. Bubble baths are also known to enhance muscle recovery and any aches you may be experiencing.

2. Indulge

You don’t need to ask anyone to buy you things that you can easily enjoy yourself. The next time you see a nice bouquet, maybe just buy it for your room. Your room will smell nice, look pretty, and everyone deserves flowers to brighten their day – be it Valentine’s Day or not.

3. Hit the Hay:

Due to your busy work schedule, your sleep schedule might be all over the place. Valentine’s Day can be a day to catch up on sleep. You can get 8-12 hours of rest, so the next day you can put your best foot forward. It is always important to catch up on sleep.

4. Wine About It:

Pour yourself a glass of wine (or coffee if you’re underage or don’t drink), and call your bestie over. Rant about problematic men, your boss, or whatever may be bothering you. Ranting is known to help alleviate stress, and you will feel more refreshed after letting it out. Don’t hold those emotions in.

5. Have a Date (With Yourself):

Throw some makeup on, try out those makeup tutorials that you’ve seen on YouTube, and slip into a pretty jumpsuit. Make yourself a delicious meal (Pasta Primavera near fails to do the trick), and take some cute selfies. Maybe post that selfie on Insta and give this article a shoutout ;-).

Self-love can actually be very simple, as I’ve just outlined; however, many of us may be reluctant to do something that is outside of the typical V-Day plans society expects of us. Valentine’s Day can thus be very stressful for some of us. We’re expected to go on dates with the one, buy expensive chocolate, buy that teddy bear on “sale” for twenty bucks, or even do activities with our friends. However, why not try something atypical this V-Day? Stay off of social media and avoid those steamy posts of people enjoying their day. These can often lower self-esteem. February the 14th should be devoted to raising your self-esteem, reflecting on how you’re killing the game, and what is working for you. Don’t ponder over why you’re struggling, or even if you may be struggling with life. Spend a little time on yourself. You are your biggest and most important investment. Spend a little V-Day love and cheer on yourself. Happy Valentine’s Day!

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.