Three Podcasts That Can Get You Through a Mental Block, Your Daily Commute, or a Long Shift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Whether you have a long drive in the morning or need a break from the paper you’ve been working on for hours, podcasts are a great way to mix it up from the daily grind. Listed below are three podcasts that are all awesome in their own way, so give them a listen!

1.      “Unexplained” – hosted by Richard MacLean Smith

“Unexplained” is a podcast dissecting short stories of mysterious events in history, often with dark or scary subject matters. Episode topics include extra-terrestrial encounters, hauntings, and disappearances, among many others. This podcast is a great way to keep yourself on the edge of your seat and become more educated at the same time!

2.     “Dear Sugars” – hosted by Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond

I discovered this podcast when I was going through a breakup, and I still listen to it to this day. Cheryl and Steve answer letters sent in by listeners  with various relationship issues ranging from bad breakups to infidelity to family issues, they truly cover it all. Whether or not you have issues in the relationship department, “Dear Sugars” is a great podcast that will leave you feeling like you’ve just had a vent session with your closest friends.  

3.     “The Morning Toast” – hosted by Jackie and Claudia Oshry

This podcast, created by two sisters with a love for the latest celebrity gossip, is a great way to kill time and stay up to date on what’s new in Hollywood. Their show will cover everything important happening with Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, The Kardashians, and all the other celebrities we love to stay caught up on. “The Morning Toast” is one of my favourite podcasts to put on while I’m getting ready in the morning; it’s almost as good as gossiping with friends!

If you’re ever out of good music and looking for a different source of entertainment to get you through your mundane everyday tasks, podcasts are a great way to go. These three are just the tip of the iceberg for great podcasts; with the endless amount you can find online there really is something for everyone.

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.