Things Every University Girl Should Carry in Her Bag

Does anyone else have almost their entire house packed in their school bag, but when it comes to finding one simple thing, it is never there? Welcome to my life. Here is a simple list of all the things that should be in your backpack, although you can never have enough stuff.

1.     Hair ties and Bobby Pins

These are a necessity. Everyone is always in need of a hair tie or bobby pin whether it be to fix a windy day hair fiasco or to pin it back so you can eat, you can never have enough in your bag.

2.     Feminine Hygiene Products

There is nothing wrong with being prepared, and you could also be that person who helps another girl out. #girlpower

3.     Snacks & Water Bottle

When running across campus it is important to remember to eat and drink something. Instead of paying every time you get hungry, pack a small snack such as a granola bar or an apple so you are able to eat it during or in-between classes.

4.     Phone Charger

This is a major necessity since most students practically live on their phones. Even if you are not the one that is in need of it, I bet that one of your friends’ phones died and you can be that awesome person that saves their battery.

5.     Headphones

For anyone who likes to drown out background noise, these are important to have. Even when sitting in the CAW these noise levels vary depending what time you are there. Having a pair of headphones allows you to focus on your own things instead of hearing all the ongoing conversations around you.

6.     A Planner

It is important to stay on top of all the assignments and tests that you are given. By carrying a small planner you can input the dates of when everything is due. A substitute to this is using the calendar on your phone or  computer, and you can sync them to one another.

7.     Lip Balm

As the weather is becoming cooler, lip balm is important to ensure that your lips don’t become chapped and cracked, which is not the best look in the winter.

8.     Hand Sanitizer & Lotion

These are for those ‘you never know’ moments. There is never a bad time to sanitize and moisturize, and it is always better to be prepared.

9.     Mints & Gum

Bored? Chew gum. Hungry? Eat mints. Bad breath? Use both! Helpful and universal purposes for both.

10.  A Book

This may be a strange one, but it is actually super beneficial. I always tend to carry a book with me everywhere I go, whether it be a school reading or a book that I am reading for leisure. That way, instead of wasting time reloading Facebook continually, I can spend it productively.